To call my recent travels to Paris, a ‘press trip’ would not only be typically #fashun of me, but would also be a pretty feeble attempt on my part to adequately explain how much of a whirlwind this trip really was. The Apartment transported me to an alternate-parisian-fashion-reality: the Who’s Next x Premiere Classe trade show, with Villa M. The 4-hall exhibition showcased a range of new and upcoming designers, and had an uncanny resemblance to the wardrobe of my dreams. C/O of Kris Atomic and Derek Bremner please enjoy a little visual insight into this carefully curated experience. (Warning: these images are so dreamy, that you may having difficulty coming to terms with the fact that real life is not as bright, creatively composed or well edited as the below will trick you into thinking. Or maybe that’s just me. Well, it is me. 48 hours ago, following a private tour of the TOILETPAPER art exhibition, I was sipping champagne on the roof terrace of the Galeries Lafayette, the sunset lighting doing ungodly things for my selfies. Now? Sitting on my bedroom floor, the post-city-break-mess sadly illuminated by the grey-gloom of a very british September.)
Photo’s: Kris Atomic and Derek Bremner. The other bloggers I had the pleasure of spending time with on this trip are all tagged here! Check them out.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE TRIP
- Eating copious amounts of pannacotta.
- Being around individuals who understand the digi-life and are forward and willing to take 50+ outfit photos of you from all angles.
- Learning about Upcycling, and getting some major denim d.i.y inspiration from the two-girl strong lebanese-born, NY- based designers behind Second. St.
- Having the chance to win a trip to go to Tokyo. Unfortunately I didn’t win, but I did get the chance to create a mood-board, during which I remembered how ridiculously fulfilling it is to use a pritt-stick to stick pieces of paper together. (Who needs Tokyo when you have so many years of cutting and sticking to catch up on?!)
- Subsisting on very little sleep but making up for it by having 3 plates of breakfast every morning.
- Thinking your love for denim couldn’t get any stronger, and having Fade out label prove you wrong. I now plan to patchwork every single piece of denim I own, especially the glorious new pair I picked up from Kiliwatch Paris.
Thank you Abi, Melissa, Beccy, and the rest of Team Apartment!