SHOT BY MICHAELA TORNARITIS
Dungarees: East End Thrift Store, Off the shoulder top: DIY, Shoes: Solsana*
Hello! The heat has fried my brain and my recent lack of time has rolled it around in batter, cut it up into equally sized pieces, and served it on the empty pages of my journal with greek yoghurt and coriander. In other words, I’m a little short of insight this week. Instead, here are some nuanced, insightful and wonderful pieces of online content on life that I’ve recently come across:
- The Slumflower writes about 21 things she’s learnt as a fearsome 21 year old woman. It is wise, considered and the thought of many other young women (like myself) reading it, and being impacted by it, made my heart feel fuzzy. Here.
- Nina Simons on shifting guidance from the head to the heart. Though I slightly questioned her use of the word ‘feminine’, it was a passionate speech by an intelligent gal, and I really enjoyed it. Here.
- Donald Trump’s ghost writer tells all. Read it! Here.
- These twitter thread on why the stupid actions of a few people, does not give you any justification to generalise an entire race. Nor does it tarnish or negate the wonderful things that members of that race may have done. Here 1. Here 2.
- This wonderful video that gets pretty damn deep on the depths of a sibling relationship. It will make you cry. Here.
- Gracie Francesca’s new documentary on BBC Three about ‘Clean Eating’. Temporarily toss the tofu, and watch this documentary. Here.
- 4 women with 4 drastically different incomes discussing their day to day lives. (Penned like a 7 year old who recently discovered alliteration) Here.
- Lastly, this hilarious video about a guy who caught a rabbit. If this isn’t a wonderful, nuanced insightful piece of content, well then I don’t know what is. Here.